logo
poster

Rascal Inc.

A club to share year round enjoyment of the Snowy Mountains with families and friends in a communally based environment.

Welcome. Please login

RASCAL and Covid-19

While the COVID-19 threat continues to evolve, so does the relevant government’s responses.  RASCAL’s management of COVID is in line with the NSW Government’s current rules, with additional controls as required to ensure that our shared living model remains safe for our members and their guests.

Until advised otherwise, the following requirements will apply for anyone wishing to enter, or stay in the lodge:
  • Anyone who is currently subject to any sort of movement restriction imposed by local, state or federal government will not be able to enter the lodge.  This includes any stay at home, isolate or quarantine directives.
  • Anyone who is staying at the lodge and becomes subject to any sort of movement restriction imposed by local, state, or federal government must immediately inform the President and make plans to leave the lodge within an agreed timeframe.  The committee has determined that the lodge is not a suitable location to serve a stay at home/isolate/quarantine requirement, and as such anyone under one of these requirements must leave.
  • Anyone accessing the lodge must comply with both the RASCAL COVID-19 management plan, and any personal requirements imposed by any local, state or federal government (eg mask wearing, QR code check-in)
  • Anyone accessing the lodge will need to determine whether any and all current COVID restrictions apply to them, and if requested by the committee will provide information to help the committee to understand how the rules apply
  • Anyone accessing the lodge agrees that the committee will have the final decision around whether they can, or can not use the lodge and agrees to follow any directions around leaving the lodge from the committee through either the President or Office Manager
Any members with a booking which is impacted by these requirements, please contact the Office Manager via email.

The committee is working hard to ensure that we provide a safe environment for our members and their guests and we thank you for committing to comply with your personal requirements, and to assist the club to comply with our requirements.




Rascal Dates

Perisher XC week 7-15 August 2021. See News article this page.
Oct 2021 Committee meeting at the Lodge (to be confirmed re Covid-19)
Oct 2021. Working bee. Join in to receive $80 of accommodation vouchers. (to be confirmed re Covid-19)


Attractive Join or Re-Join Options

Attractive Re-join opportunities for previous Adult or Junior members.If you know someone who was once a member or a junior member and who might like to rejoin, perhaps because their life has moved to a different phase, then Rascal is offering very attractive ReJoin rates.

Attractive New Membership opportunity: Rascal is offering attractive Joining Fees  for the first member of a residence, and even better rates for additional adults at that residence.

Free Annual subscription in the year of joining!



News and events

More news and other info is on our
Facebook page

Last month    Snowies Iconic Walk
The Snowies Iconic Walk is a multi-day walk under development by the NSW Government in Kosciuszko NP. Work is being done to existing and new walking t
...more

Re-Covering the Dining Room Chairs
Thanks to two committed Rascal members, Sharen and Rosemary, who took on the task of reupholstering the dining room chairs, which had become stained f
...more

New stovetops
A new member, Andrew, has kindly replaced our ageing stove tops with these brand spanking new ones!Thanks Andrew!
...more

Rascal's 50th Birthday Celebration
Rascal celebrated its 50th birthday at the Southern Cross Yacht Club on 10 June 2021. Thirty two current and past members attended.Greg Fraser, a past
...more

Hike de Femme 2021 - reflections
Hike de Femme 2021Participants:Helen Barker, Lynne Bentley, Denise Blair, Pennie Briese, Virginia Buring, Debbie Cameron, Barbara Dawson, Lynne Day, K
...more

Lost Property
Rascal regularly accumulates lost property.  If you think you have left something at the Lodge please contact the Office Manager with a description of
...more

This month    Perisher Cross Country Ski Week
WELCOME TO XC SKI WEEKRascal members attending one of the 2019 events.Do you want plenty of skiing, fresh air, and fun for a whole week? We invite you
...more

Next month    Can't find a room at Rascal? This may help.
All rooms occupied?Subscribe to our winter weekly email about room availability for the next ten days.Rascal has a new email subscription service whic
...more

Jindabyne Park Run - Weekly Free 5km Timed Run
What is Jindabyne parkrun?It is a 5km run - it's you against the clock.When is it?Every Saturday at 8:00am. Where is it?The event takes place at Banjo
...more

Weather    more detail

TodayJindabyneSnowy Mountains

Partly cloudy.
Chance of rain: 20%
Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower about the ranges later tonight. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Snow possible above 1600 metres. Winds northerly 15 to 25 km/h.
Probability Of snow at:
1000 metres: 0%
1400 metres: 10%
1800 metres: 30%
TueJindabyneSnowy Mountains

2 - 9
Shower or two.
Chance of rain: 70%
Rainfall amount: 1 to 3 mm
Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers about the ranges, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 900 metres. Areas of morning frost in the north. Winds northerly 15 to 25 km/h turning westerly 25 to 35 km/h during the morning.
Probability Of snow at:
1000 metres: 10%
1400 metres: 70%
1800 metres: 90%
WedJindabyneSnowy Mountains

1 - 8
Showers.
Chance of rain: 80%
Rainfall amount: 2 to 4 mm
Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 900 metres. Winds westerly 30 to 45 km/h.
Probability Of snow at:
1000 metres: 10%
1400 metres: 70%
1800 metres: 80%
ThuJindabyneSnowy Mountains

4 - 10
Shower or two.
Chance of rain: 50%
Rainfall amount: 0 to 2 mm
Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers about the alpine peaks, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1300 metres. Winds west to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h.
Probability Of snow at:
1000 metres: 0%
1400 metres: 30%
1800 metres: 60%
FriJindabyneSnowy Mountains

2 - 13
Partly cloudy.
Chance of rain: 30%
Rainfall amount: 0 to 0.4 mm
Partly cloudy. Areas of morning frost in the east. Medium (40%) chance of showers about the ranges, near zero chance elsewhere. Snow possible above 1600 metres. Winds westerly 15 to 25 km/h becoming light during the evening.
Probability Of snow at:
1000 metres: 0%
1400 metres: Below 5%
1800 metres: 30%
SatJindabyneSnowy Mountains

1 - 12
Partly cloudy.
Chance of rain: 20%

SunJindabyneSnowy Mountains

0 - 11
Partly cloudy.
Chance of rain: 20%

MonJindabyneSnowy Mountains

1 - 11
Partly cloudy.
Chance of rain: 20%




Interested in Rascal?

Subscribe to our newsletter (issued three to four times per year)
First name:
Email address:

Rascal facebook page